TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Congresswoman-elect Gwen Graham launched a jobs tour of North Florida today with a roundtable in Leon County. At the roundtable, Graham met with small business owners and members of the Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce to discuss economic growth and job creation in North Florida.
“On today’s jobs tour, business owners didn’t talk about being Democrats or Republicans — they discussed ways that government and businesses can work together to grow the economy and create jobs,” Graham said. “I’m going to bring that same message to Washington. It’s time for Congress to set partisanship aside and work together.”
After the Leon County roundtable, Rick Moore, chair of the Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce, said, “By holding a jobs tour before even being sworn into office, Gwen Graham is sending a clear message to the North Florida business community that she is going to prioritize job creation and economic development.”
During the roundtable, Graham pledged to work with Democrats and Republicans to enact her 5-Point Economic Plan:
• Fighting to put North Florida first by leveraging regional and local resources to spur job creation;
• Helping middle class families through initiatives like equal pay and increasing the minimum wage;
• Breaking the gridlock in Washington to get Congress focused on growing the economy;
• Investments in education and job training;
• Supporting small businesses in North Florida by closing loopholes for corporations and ending bad trade deals.
Graham will continue her North Florida jobs tour with stops in Jackson County tonight, Bay County on Tuesday and Gadsden County on Wednesday.